The Teaching Schools, at Dyke House and Rycroft, form an integral part of Northern Education Trust?s philosophy to develop leadership at all levels, from the initial steps into the classroom and beyond to promote the ethos of ?growing our own?.
Each academy has planned investment in the professional development of all staff so that each may become a leader in their own right. The intention is to form strategic pathways that support teachers and leaders from ITT through to headships driving school improvement through a self-improving school system led by our teaching schools.
Teaching schools particularly focus their work on six key areas, known as the Big 6:
- Initial Teacher Training?
- School to School Support?
- Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Research and Development?
- Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)?
- Succession Planning and Talent Management